Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  Empty
PostSubject: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:36 am

It was fairly busy. Then again, Ginny couldn't really remember a time where she'd come in and there wasn't a reasonably large number in the pub. She could see why, she loved it in the Three Broomsticks, but other people could be reasonably annoying sometimes. Though she loved the pub more than she disliked crowds.

Picking her drink up off the counter, Ginny turned to go find a table, preferably one in a dark corner somewhere so that she could wallow in her own misery for about an hour before picking herself back up, but turned and walked straight into someone, narrowly avoiding spilling her drink on them.

"Bugger, sorry-!" she looked up, seeing a familiar face. "Oh no wait, I take it back. You owe me a drink. No apologies for people who owe me drinks."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 am

Zach yawned as he entered the Three Broomsticks, ordering a drink and making his way through the busy amount of people to go and find a seat, suitably tired from school and other things. He wanted to remind himself however that this was a perfectly normal tiredness, not any tiredness whatsoever to do with age. Age was not important. It bloody is important, he thought to himself as he made his way forward. No-one wants to get older.

His thoughts were lost however as he crashed into someone, pulling off a manouvre he had had plenty of practice at to keep his drink from spilling. He looked down to see who it was and bit back a grin. "We shouldn't keep meeting like this, it's getting old," Zach told her, nodding to the drink in her hand, before letting the grin out as he heard what she had to say. "Fine then, drink your drink and I'll buy you another one. Even though I'm being really nice to your kids at the moment. It's actually hurting a bit."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 am

Ginny gave a mocking gasp of surprise at his words. "You can be nice? I never knew! Call the Prophet, this is just incredible news," she joked, before her voice took on a more serious tone, despite the smirk on her face. "I'm pleased to hear you're being nicer to my children though. Is that nicer to all your students, or do mine get special treatment?" she could imagine it would hurt to be nice to a certain son all of the time.

She began taking rather large gulps of her drink after that though. If she was getting a free drink, there was no point in drawing this one out. "Is this where I ask how my children are doing? If Albus and James are ready for their exams? Or are we going to skip that bit this time and get started on the drinking asap?"
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 am

"Okay, maybe not nice. Civil. I can totally be civil. If I concentrate really hard on it." He grinned and led her towards a table somewhere, sitting them down. "Yours get obvious special treatment. All those detentions are obviously just my unconscious need to favour your children."

Zach couldn't help but notice that she was drinking steeply, even for her, the woman who had beaten him at a drinking competition. "Your kids are spectacular. Of course if the older one could stay awake during charms it would help him a lot more, but I'm sure he's one of those irritating little snots who can get by on looks alone." He smiled to let her know he was joking, before frowning. "But something, I don't know whether it's my intuitive empathic skills I so often display or the fact that you've pretty much downed that in seconds flat, tells me that there's something that's bothering you."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:22 am

Ginny chuckled at his words, allowing herself to be guided to a table, quite happy to sit down. She hadn't come to hang about in the middle of the pub after all. "You just want to spend more time with them, obviously. Or do you not supervise your detentions? Just let them get on with it? As much as I'd love to give them detentions, grounding them is much easier."

She did try to imagine James staying awake in class. It was easier to imagine him sleeping through it. "Well, he doesn't seem to have failed yet. At least, not to my knowledge," Ginny couldn't help but grin at the next bit though. "And of course he'd get by on looks alone, he does have my genes after all."

She began to worry as he frowned though, wondering if something had happened. Last time she'd seen James he did try to kick the Headmistress' door down. She was surprised that he picked up on her mood though, trying not to look embarrassed, putting on a brave face and a lopsided smile. "Aw, I never knew you cared enough to observe my drinking habits. And who's to say I just don't really want that next drink?"
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 am

Zach frowned a little more at that, before shrugging. "Well, only when your drinking habits are so obvious. Blimey, I think I already have to get up again to buy you another one. Seriously, Weasley, the amount of times... People are going to start thinking we're a pair of lushes." He took a swig of his drink and pointed a finger at her as he thought of another point. "And I for one do not want to be discovered as one yet." He smiled a little and leaned back in his chair.

"I'm just gonna say, I think I owe you my life, so if there is something up, you can always talk me to death or something," he said, smiling to let her know he was joking. "You know I won't interfere. I'm not that nice enough a person to bother myself in someone else's issues and the chances are we'll be drunk by the time we get out if I owe you that many drinks."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:53 am

Ginny scoffed, though her glass was getting rather empty rather quickly. "I'm not drinking it that fast! And people will only think we're lushes because they're jealous they can't handle alcohol like we do. Though I suppose you have a point," she gave a wistful sigh. "Oh well, I suppose I can slow down. For your image and all that. Seeing as you care so much."

She appreciated the offer to talk Zach to death, smothering a smirk at the idea of it, relatively unsuccessfully. If only she had known it was possible to talk him to death when she was at school. "I'll try not to talk you to death. Maybe only close to death. I think I can spare you that," she joked back, swallowing a lump in her throat as she realised what she was actually about to do. She was actually about to confide in Zacharias Smith. Well, the world was full of surprises.

"It's just...unpleasant being at home. Harry hasn't come back from his mission yet. And other people who were on the same mission have. And they don't know where he is," she took another swig of her drink. "So yeah, I figured it was enough of an excuse to drink faster than normal."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

"Thanks, you're so kind to me, sparing my life all the time," Zach joked, pulling a face of mock gratefulness, though he really was truly grateful to her underneath that. He wouldn't let her know too often though. This was Ginny Weasley. He couldn't be laboriously indebted to her.

He waited for her to tell him his woes, and his eyebrows raised a little as she explained it to him. "Shit, that's... shit." Potter late back from a mission? That sounded quite odd. Normally he was the kind of git who would just prosper at anything and bask in success and glory even if he didn't want to. It was thronged at him, really, but still. Zach couldn't help but feel that Potter would quite like the feel of constant success. He seemed a constantly successful person. So him being late back did definitely ring as odd.

"Maybe he's undercover or something," Zach suggested, taking another, slightly larger, swallow of drink this time. "You know, hiding, and that's why the papers haven't picked up on it yet." He thought about what he was saying and winced a little. "Look, whatever it is, I'm sure he'll be okay, Gin. And I mean, take it from me, he's of my stock of annoying gits who just bounce back from anything. He'll come back from this. And if not... well, we'll get to that if they ever find any evidence to say so." He hated giving advice. He hated hated hated it. He never knew what to say or how to act or what to do. "Well, I guess I'll try my hardest not to penalise your kids for a while."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:33 am

Ginny gave a dry smirk to the description of the situation. Shit was one way of putting it. Though she appreciated his reaction better than the ones she'd had so far. She picked up her drink again, taking a slightly shallower drink than before, as if saying it out loud made it any better. She supposed it did, in an odd, slightly twisted way.

But goodness he was terrible at phrasing things, wasn't he? Though if someone had told her this sort of news, she wasn't entirely sure she would've done all that much better. It was kind of difficult to comfort someone on something like this. The fact that he was making an effort was kind of nice though. He did get better at the whole comforting stuff as he kept talking.

"He has proven to be a bit difficult to get rid of," she said, agreeing with the whole 'bouncing back' thing. Though not the git part. "I've been just...hanging onto the fact that there's no evidence to say he's not okay. He'll have a reason for not contacting me. Though taking it easier on the kids would be nice, so long as you don't go too soft on them. James and Lily, well...they're not being as positive as they could be."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 am

"Well you know, so long as there's no evidence to suggest he's not okay then people can't exactly pin that down. You can't jump to conclusions," Zach said, biting his lip. "I suppose Fun- Pot- Albus is more positive then?"

He couldn't think of anything to say. Anything coming from him might scare her, nobody ever got anything comforting or even slightly helpful from him in any situation, and so it wasn't likely that he could say anything here and not terrify her. He decided instead to resort to something typical and Zach-ish, his speciality.

"Well, I personally don't see why you're complaining. I mean, I've had a horrible week. Some little snot spent the whole of his break sticking together textbook pages with everlasting gum. I almost hung him out to dry. I mean, try comparing to running that detention," he said with a grin, before tapping the table twice. "Also you're not getting progressively older. I swear I'm finding more greys than I ever have before." He winked, and stood up.

"Same again?" he asked her, though she hadn't quite finished her drink yet. "I need to reclaim my record, after all. Can't be beaten by a Weasley Gryffindor Ginger Girl." He grinned, and patted her on the shoulder, before freezing, hand hovering above it. "Oh Merlin, I'm turning into a sap. Quick, hit me or something before it's too late."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:56 am

Ginny nodded, though she did find it slightly amusing that Zach covered himself to use Albus' proper name. Such a wonderful Professor. So caring about the children. "He is. And jumping to conclusions is never a good thing. You have a very good point," which was a slightly frightening thing to say. Though she did find herself repeating the words in her mind.

And then he started talking again, and what little respect she'd been building on his skills at comforting not being entirely terrible was quickly shot down. She wasn't sure if she wanted to laugh and take it as the joke it was probably (hopefully) meant to be, or hex him into next week. Hexing him always used to make her feel better back at school.

"You're a twat, you know that?" Ginny asked, though a small smile was beginning to crack on her face. "Seriously, you wonder why I was reluctant to tell you, and then you say that? You're lucky I've grown out of hexing people. And you'll find more and more grey hairs as you get closer to that big four zero. I'll remember this when you have your midlife crisis and need comforting."

She wasn't about to point out she hadn't finished yet. "Same again. And I'm struggling to think of what record this is," she smirked slightly as he suggested she hit him, leaning back slightly. "Well, if you really want me to, it'd be rude to say no, after that wonderful help you gave me."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Zach grinned at her, and tipped an invisible hat. "Well, we couldn't have me being too nice. We'd all vomit at the same time," he told her, before pouting. "Four zero? What does that make? That number does not exist in my vocabulary. Or numerology. Thirty seven, thirty eight, thirty nine, thirty ten. There we are." He stood up, nodding at her order, and then made his way to the bar, muttering "You know exactly which record" as he went.

When he returned, he put the drink down in front of her and slammed his own on the table. "Okay then," he said, looking at her. "You know, women shouldn't play or be good at drinking competitions. It's very bad for them. Unhealthy and all that jazz. Although, you're rather good at holding it. Either that or you're just in a permanent state of drunkeness. I think I might be getting that way. If I'm not an alcoholic in three years I'll be very surprised."
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 am

Ginny tried not to look too amused at Zach's denial of what four zero made. She was going to point it out every day as soon as he hit forty. Not that she knew when his birthday was. And assuming they were still talking by then. Seeing as he did have a talent for pissing her off. Or something. She did smirk as she caught the end of him muttering about the record, very pleased with herself. She did know which record.

She grinned when a drink appeared in front of her though, ready to get started on the whole drowning her sorrows thing, figuring it was the best way to cure any problem. Ain't no therapy like a good old fashioned drinking session. "Alcoholic middle aged man suits you. You'd have an excuse to be angry about everything all the time, and call your students 'little shits'. You could even have a little pocket flask. It'd be adorable," she said mockingly, starting on her drink. "Ah, that hits the spot. Let's aim for this permanent state of drunkeness you were talking about then. Sounds like fun."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 pm

"I am the perfect candidate for an alcoholic, admit it," Zach said, smiling wryly at her. "I mean, miserable, check, hate job, check, angry at the world, check... what more do I need? A beer belly. Well you know, maybe I could get one of them if I drink even more. Fantastic."

"Adorable," Zach repeated, wrinkling his nose. "Is it because I'm a Hufflepuff? I could totally have you done for that. You racist." He grinned and held his drink up to chink hers. "May the best house win," he said, smirking.

He had to beat her this time. Or maybe he'd let her win so that she didn't feel so crap. Or maybe he wouldn't need to let her win. "You know, I think we need to join a support group," he commented, before holding his drink up again. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 am

Ginny grinned at the list of 'requirements for an alcoholic'. She was pleased to say she didn't hate her job, and wasn't miserable. Most of the time. That meant she could drink all the alcohol she wanted and not be classified as an alcoholic, if these were the standards. "Are you sure you haven't got that beer belly coming on already? I swear you're looking a little...pudgy."

She couldn't stop herself laughing at the look on Zach's face when she called him 'adorable'. "You shouldn't have got sorted into the 'adorable' house then, should you? And we all know what the best house is. That's sealing your fate, seeing as it's mine."

"You need to join group support," she corrected. "I have a perfectly valid excuse for drinking myself under the table. At least today I do," she said, with a slightly dark humour. "Right, ready!" she began to knock back her drink as soon as the word left her lips, wondering whether or not she should let him win. For his manly pride. Though she deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm

"I am not looking pudgy, Weasley- ugh, Potter, oh, whoever you are," Zach protested, though he grinned, directing his eyebrows downwards in a mock frown. "I find it very offensive that you would even suggest that. I'm going to have to go eat some chocolate now to cheer myself up. Merlin."

He flipped her the finger at the next statement. "We're not adorable, thank you very much, Gryffindor bigot. Just because you guys get so obviously rip-roaring drunk, and the Slytherins like to insult everything that breathes and the Ravenclaws are just so pompous and uppity with their constant treating of the rest of us as lesser mortals, doesn't mean we are adorable. It just means we're a better house then you three. I should know, I'm bloody head of it." He grinned and folded his arms, when she let the command out, and he grabbed for his drink as fast as he could, practically forcing it down his throat.

Once he was done he slammed it on the table and coughed, before looking across to see where he stood in the battle.

Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 am

Ginny grinned as Zach tried to get her name right. She chuckled as he said he'd have to go eat chocolate, feeling much better than she had. Which was amazing. Seeing as the guy who was making her feel better was a twat. But she wasn't going to admit he was making her feel better. At least, not outloud while sober.

She gasped in horror as he flipped her the finger. "Excuse me, aren't you supposed to be being nice to me? I'm in the pits of depression trying to drink myself under the table, and you flip me off?" though that just reminded her of why she was in the pits of depression really. Which wasn't a good thing to be thinking about. "I think the fact you're head of it is testament to why it's not the better house."

But then she was drinking, and she didn't care anymore, just trying to swallow the alcohol faster than Smith was. Though it was hard to concentrate when there was so much in her head. She was just about to slam it on the table when she heard someone else beat her to it, her glass hitting the wood as she saw Zach's was already there. She sniffed mockingly. "I supposed you could only beat me if I let you win. Looks like I was right."
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:48 am

Zach grinned at her. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were going to drink yourself under the table. I take it back!" He put his finger back up and sucked in a breath as if to symbollise sucking it back in. "There, taken back." He gave her a simpering smile. "Aren't I just the cutest? The most adorable being on Earth."

His smile was more genuine after that though, and he laughed at her words. "Ah, well, I let you win last time. It's only fair that I win this time. Although," he continued, and his grin widened considerably more, "I thought you were planning on getting horrendously drunk. Drinking yourself under the table, I seem to recall. Not drinking very fast for that." He grinned teasingly and folded his arms behind his head, leaning back on them. He wasn't supposed to enjoy teasing her in a friendly way. He was supposed to only enjoy teasing her maliciously.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Ginny shut her eyes at the simpering smile, trying not to let her amusement show on her face as she grimaced, shaking her head as she spoke. "Okay, I'm sorry, you're not the most adorable thing on earth, I should've never said anything. Please never say that again. When you say it it's kind of scarring in a really bizarre way."

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said, holding her hands up in defence. "Next time I'll just not be nice to you, shall I? Next time being right now because I want another drink. I'll show you drinking fast enough to get drunk. I am an expert on drinking fast enough to get incredibly drunk. I did it plenty of times in my youth. You know, before I had children and responsibilities and all that rubbish."

She grinned at him then, knocking on the table and giving him an expectant look. "Be a good boy and go get the next round again? I'll pay you this time. But you know, the gentlemanly thing to do is get the drinks for us, right?" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:57 pm

"Pfft, being nice? Admit it Weas-Potter, you're just not as good at drinking as me. It's a shame." He clucked his tongue and grinned, standing up. "I'll buy the next round if you promise me never to call me a 'good boy' again. It physically sickens me to hear that terminology."

Zach turned to fight his way through the crowd of people again back towards the bar. It was thinning out a little, but it still seemed heaving. It reminded Zach why he preferred the Leaky Cauldron to this ever bustling environment.

As he returned to the table where Ginny was sat, he looked at her thoughtfully. "You know, this is becoming a frequent thing, getting smashed together. Like, this must be the what, the third or fourth time? Bit worrying really." He raised his glass. "To many more," he toasted, winking.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Ginny snorted, a smirk on her face. "I'm not in the habit of lying, thanks. And don't tell me it physically sickens you and expect that to be incentive to not call you it. What's wrong with 'good boy', really? Other than the fact you're not a boy, but just ignore that part for a moment," him buying the next round definitely was incentive not to call him that again however. Free drinks were incentive for everything.

She waited as he fought his way back to the bar, trying not to let her thoughts stray too far. That wasn't going to end well. Merlin, when did she become so depressing? She needed a little bit of happy juice. Which was why she was at a bar. Oh, she made herself giggle sometimes.

When a glass was placed in front of her again Ginny turned her attention to Zach, surprised to find that he was kind of right. "Just a bit worrying," she agreed, laughing as he then raised her glass. She raised her own, clinking the lip of the glass against his, a grin on her face. "Really, we shouldn't be toasting to many more. I'm surprised we haven't killed each other yet. It's only a matter of time. I'm secretly plotting out the best way to kill you. I decided that I had to do it in a really creative way. With sparkles. For no apparent reason."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.    Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick and tired of hearing about Whales.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Rises :: Hogsmeade :: The Three Broomsticks-
Jump to: