Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

I swear I'm not being romantic.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

I swear I'm not being romantic.  Empty
PostSubject: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:39 am

This was where Mari felt her absolute best. The library was empty, everyone was at dinner, so it was peaceful. A storm was raging outside, but all the sounds from it were muffled to a comfortable rhythm and the darkness was penetrated by lightning strokes to accompany the dim lighting of the magical candles she had set up all around her, with Madam Pince's fire controlling charms around them, of course. The Gryffindor had a stack of books on a table next to her and sat in one of the armchairs, cuddled into a blanket.

"Perfect." she muttered, pushing back any and all unhappy thoughts, fully knowing that like the tide, they'd come crashing bach to the shore of her mind soon enough.
She didn't know how long she sat there, but she had gotten through three books when she looked up to see a figure. The third book having been Dracula she screamed bloody murder at the sudden sight.
"Oh! Oh, oh Merlin's beard." she clutched at her heart in earnest. "Good grief, sorry, sorry," she held up Dracula as proof, "Scary book. Ha, jeez. I'm- I'm- Well, I'm somewhat out of breath." she laughed, "Sorry, call me Mari. Mari Cooper."
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Sixth Year Hufflepuff/Prefect
Kiva Rain

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:33 am

Ever since Beatrice had graduated and become the librarian, Kiva preferred to spend as much time as she could in the Libary rather than anywhere else. Being without her best friend at meal times was a bit hard, and she did occasionally retreat to the library even then, though Beatrice was at meals then. It was like she was beginning to close in on herself again, like she had been before she'd become so close to Beatrice and Lily. Now she sort of felt like she was losing her friends.

She began just wandering, enjoying the silence and having the library mostly to herself. She'd taken to just wandering about. It was when she was drawn to looking out a window, kind of mesmersied by the storm outside, that she heard a scream that had her screaming, spinning round to find the source, feeling her heart hammer in her chest.

"It-it's okay!" Kiva said with a slight laugh. "Dracula is kind-kind of scary, nothing to apologise for," she shuffled her feet slightly, a small smile on her face. "I-I'm Kiva. Kiva Rain. I was just admiring the storm...it's a good night to read scary books on I bet."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm

"Still sorry," Mari put on a smile that seemed effortless, "A pleasure to meet you, Kiva, great name, Kiva Rain." The gryffindor crossed her legs and propped her head on her knees. "Yeah, the storm is perfect for Dracula, a bit too perfect, I suppose." She added nonchalently, knowing fully well that she seemed to have no social troubles, to be easy-going and open, when in reality the harsh fact of her unhappiness was eating away at her being like a virus.

But that didn't seem noticable, she hid it perfectly.
"So, what house are you in? I'm seventh year Gryffindor." And I'm depressed, sufferring and in a general cycle of self-inflicted pain, would you like to be my friend? She thought, mentally sighing. Not that anyone would ever notice that she was anything was cheerful, delighted and satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:09 am

The smile that was on Mari's face was enough to put anyone at ease, Kiva bet. It just seemed so pleasant. Kiva's smile widened at the compliment, blushing ever so slightly and thanking her. It wasn't often she recieved compliments, and usually they made her feel uncomfortable But some people just knew how to phrase them. "Thanks. So long as you're enjoying it, I can't say anything's too perfect really."

"I'm a Hufflepuff," Kiva said, quite proud of her house. "Sixth year. Seventh year, it's not as scary as I think it's going to be, is it?" seventh year was NEWTs. And NEWTs were scary. And things were scary. And graudating was scary. And things were...scary. "It certainly looks kind of scary. Though that pile of books and time to read in the library definitely makes me think it won't be too bad. I-I do like reading," she admitted, tucking her hands behind her back, playing with her fingers as a nervous habit. Though trying to keep it out of sight. She didn't need more people thinking she was a ball of nervousness. Not that she wasn't."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:00 am

"Great house, I love badgers, adorable little tykes. Oh this pile of books? I'm a lover of words, can't help but putting aside time to indulge myself on them."

Mari nodded and curled her lips to a softer, more thoughtful smile.
"Is it scary?" She repeated, tapping her lips lightly in thought.
The answer?
Yes, it was terrifying, it was paralyzingly mortifying, knowing that your entire future depended on that one year, the choices you make in that time. The grades. Teachers. Social pressure. Your own pressure. The little voice that bugs you before every test. That keeps you up all night, anxious and jumpy. The wary looks you get if you don't seem to breeze through it all with ease.

"No, no it's not scary at all." she laughed, her dark eyes warm and welcoming, "Well, don't tell anyone I said that, can't have people think I'm breaking tradition by not trying to freak you out about it. But no, really, it's just like any year, really. A few more tests, a bit more homework. Nothing anyone can't handle. So you certainly have nothing to worry about." Mari flicked her wand to clear the books from the other armchair to the table, "Here, sit if you like, I love reading. Started when I was young and never stopped." She chuckled, not noticing the girls seemingly nervous habit, she was so into her constant role of effortlessness, that she unconsciously didn't pick up on the slightest of motions that could betray angst of any sort, simply because she was focused on seeming put together. Kiva, to Mari, seemed sweet and friendly. Two important traits in her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:25 am

Kiva couldn't help but giggle. "I do like badgers. And yellow, which helps seeing as I have to wear it in my uniform. They are adorable, but they can be pretty mean when they want I think," she sobered slightly, thinking about that one. Could she be mean when she wanted to be? Never.

"If there's anything to love, one of the greatest things would be words," Kiva mused. "I read a lot, and most of my friends do too. It's nice to sit with a book and just...loose yourself in it. A whole new world. Which is why I like fictional books so much really," was she talking too much? At least she wasn't babbling. That was a good sign. She usually did that.

The brunette let out a breath of relief at the answer, a smile on her face. "Of course, I won't tell anyone. I'll pretend to be suitably freaked out about it for you," she thought back to her fifth year. She wouldn't have called that just like any year. Then again, at the end of every year she tended to panic a bit as test and exam season settled in. "I-I don't mind having a bit more work to do really. Us Hufflepuffs are hardworkers, after all."

She moved to sit in the armchair that was cleared for her, giving a tiny thank you. For someone who liked just wandering around alone, Kiva found she was enjoying the company of the other girl, despite the fact they'd just met. She glanced at the pile for a moment, wondering if she was disturbing Mari. "You're not going down for dinner, then? Or are you just a really fast eater?
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:10 pm

"Truer words were never spoken," Mari smiled, she harboured a grand admiration for words and a good amount of respect for them, too. "Fictional books are amazing, I read most of the time. I study, I read, I study, I read." she chucked, "I read while walking and have never crashed into anything or anyone. It freaks people out though, they get scared you're going to hit something accidently." The girl smiled, remembering a few funny reactions.

"And good, the other seventh years would have my head for breaking tradition. I don't know actually, I might just raid the kitchens later instead, the elves are really nice as long as you don't offer to help them." Mari hugged a book to her chest, "And this place is just too nice, especially with company."
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am

Kiva's smile widened as Mari agreed with her on fiction books. She gave a slightly sheepish laugh as she mentioned walking and never crashing into anyone. Kiva hadn't had such luck. "I do sometimes read while walking, but I can't say I've never crashed into anything. I've had...a fair few bumps and close calls. A couple of them I'm pretty sure someone stepped into my path..." Kiva trailed off, unsure whether or not that was stepping into sensitive territory. Considering the intention of those people, it probably was. "I am better than I was though. I used to just...get too sucked up into the story."

"The kitchens can be a lifesaver sometimes," Kiva mumbled in agreement. Mari's comment about the company made her blush slightly, wondering whether or not that was in reference to her. Though it would probably mean any company, not just hers. It was still nice to hear it wasn't unwanted however. "Company usually makes a situation nicer, I think..." she murmured.

She found herself floundering for something to say after that, unsure whether or not company meant that the girl wanted to still be talked to if she was trying to read her book. Kiva sometimes just liked sitting in the company of others in comfortable silence while reading, so she wouldn't really blame the girl if that's what she wanted. But she felt kind of compelled to say something.

"What-what's your favourite genre?" she blurted out after a moments pause and flustering because of it. She really could've done that smoother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I swear I'm not being romantic.    I swear I'm not being romantic.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I swear I'm not being romantic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Rises :: Hogwarts :: Fourth Floor :: The Library-
Jump to: