Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

Enchanting to meet you

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

Enchanting to meet you Empty
PostSubject: Enchanting to meet you   Enchanting to meet you EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Mari made her way down to the lake humming a muggle song from an artist her mum was nuts about, in her left hand she held two letters from her sisters Zoey and Nora and in her other hand she held a wizard radio run by magic. There was a sort of flat clearing next to the lake, somewhat shielded from prying eyes by trees, perfect for Mari to dance. Dancing kept Mari sane, well, it helped her keep herself together. She'd been doing it since she was little, much to her parents joy. She remembered summers where her parents would watch as Nora and Zoey played violin and piano and Mari would dance for them.

Setting the radio and letters down she tapped it with her wand and Love Story from Francis Lai played as she took off her sweater and put it down, pinning her wild hair in a loose bun. Stretching briefly she flung herself into the music, eyes closed, eyes opened, both feet on the ground, then none. The girl twirled and jumped, moving fluidly to the music, her flexibility visible as she seemed to contort herself with ease. Her skirt fluttered around her lightly to her moves. And she ended the song, perfectly poised, one leg nearly behind her head to her back, the other straight on the ground, arms raised and gently lowered to her sides.
The next song was Carmen by Lana Del Ray, a song she chose, because she could relate to the girl the song was about. This time her dance was less careful and more reckless, her limbs loose as she rose and fell, as she spun and slowed she blinked back a few tears and ended the song on the forest floor, crouched and then rising on one balanced leg, the other was bent at the knee and slowly grew outstretched as she held the pose for a few moments.

She opened her eyes to check which song was next, but she noticed her audience, so the seventeen year old froze like a deer caught in headlights. Mari didn't know what to do, she wasn't ashamed, she just wasn't used to people seeing her dance that weren't her family.
She felt terribley exposed all of the sudden and vulnerable, so she pulled the hair tie out and let her wavy hair fall messy around her shoulders, framing her face in a way that could nearly have been hiding it and pulled her bulky sweater on, crossing her arms in front of herself, unsure of what to say or do.

//Dance Clothes//
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Enchanting to meet you   Enchanting to meet you EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:40 am

Bea's Healer said she needed to spend as much time as possible outside, getting fresh air. Even though that conflicted with her job, the girl took the advice and took many long walks around the grounds. Mostly, she was out there alone, because Lucy and Kiva had classes. But she liked it, she's always liked being alone and now she had a lot of things to think about. The Healer said not to dwell on the past and that she should accept what happened to her and that she couldn't have done anything about it. What the Healer didn't understand is that that's exactly what annoyed Bea. She was tortured and she couldn't do anything about it.

So, yes, Bea spent a lot of time walking on the beach and sometimes she even saw the old Squid come to the surface. Sometimes, she took a book out with her and sometimes, she just liked to be alone with her thoughts.

She was walking towards the beach when she heard music coming from somewhere. Well. This has never happened before. Bea followed the sound of music and suddenly, she saw a girl dancing there. Seriously, she was just dancing. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, but it wasn't exactly something you come across ever day.

Bea just sort of stood there, watching the girl. Then suddenly, she stopped dancing and saw Bea. Oh shit. The first thing that came to Bea's mind was: panic and run. Thankfully, she stopped herself from running away, because the situation wasn't really panic inducing.

"Hi. Sorry, I was walking and I heard your music... Your dancing is lovely." she said to the girl, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Enchanting to meet you   Enchanting to meet you EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:45 am

Mari nodded, flicking her wand at the music to turn it down, "Don't be sorry, it's fine, I'm just not used to an audience I'm not related to." she sat back down in thegrass and hugged her knees to her chest, "Thank you, I love dancing, good to hear it's not in vain." she laughed softly, "I'm Mari. Well, Gwen Marilyn, but everyone calls me Mari. And you are?" The girl inquired after slightly stretching her back in her seated position, rubbing her calves softly to keep them from cramping or tightening.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enchanting to meet you   Enchanting to meet you Empty

Back to top Go down

Enchanting to meet you
Page 1 of 1