A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

Share | 

Fun times all round

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Fun times all round    Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:50 am

This was the worst possible thing to happen ever. To her, at least. Well, there were probably worse things that had happened, but recently, with everything that had built up to now...she couldn't quite remember a worse year. Sitting at her usual place in the Leaky (why did they still come here when he nephew worked here this was not the sort of news she wanted to share while he was lurking about), she waited for her usual drinking buddy to appear.

No amount of possible awkwardness or stupid things that they did would stop them drinking, after all. Though it would certainly make her late.

But this was no time for amusing thoughts about running away. She was a Gryffindor, damn it, and she would act like one. She'd finally found out why she'd been feeling a bit weird lately, and there was only one person who had possibly caused it. And she was out to kill.

She glared down at the drink in front of her. She couldn't remember the last time she ordered juice at a bar. It was weird. "Where the bloody hell is he?" Ginny mumbled under her breath, trying to form what she was going to say in her head. Merlin help her, she was going to die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 am

He was rather excited that the week was over, his planning for next weeks lessons were done, and now it was time to go out to the Leaky and drink himself silly while pretending that he was closer to twenty than to forty, which was a rather depressing falsity when he thought about it. But still, Zach wasn't going to think about it tonight.

He entered the Leaky Cauldron, saw the blond boy behind the bar dropping things and being his usual oafish self, saw several already inebriated other regulars, and then laid eyes on the redheaded woman, wondering whether he should even pretend to himself that he was surprised that she was there.

Moving towards her, he took a seat next to her and nodded. "Evening, Weasley," he greeted with a smirk that he was pretty sure had just become his faceset nowadays. He was definitely never going to call her Potter now, not after recent times. She was muttering, and he raised his eyebrows. "Surely you haven't missed me that badly?"

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:28 am

Ginny jumped in the air as Zach sat next to her, having sunk into her own thoughts. She placed a hand on her heart, looking up at him with an unimpressed look. "A little warning would've been nice," she muttered, though his question made her fluster. Merlin, all she wanted was a drink, was that too much to ask? "Don't kid yourself, if anyone was missing anyone here you'd be missing me and my wonderful personality, obviously," come on, Gin, keep it up. Be your normal self.

She needed to tell him though. She just still wasn't quite sure how. Maybe she should just hope that he figured it out? Or was that asking too much? Maybe she needed to put a little faith into him. He was going to be the father of her child.

Oh cripes Zacharias Smith was the father of her child someone just kill her now.

"I-I have something to tell you," Ginny started, trying to proccess it in her mind properly. She should be nice and break him into it slowly. Though to do that she had to expand on that point. It was just...how she did that. She was kind of used to pregnancy being a happier and planned occasion. "Something important. And serious. And stuff."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:12 am

So it seemed that Ginny, Cocky Gryffindor and Supreme Rival to his Self-Confidence Award, was nervous today. And that seemed a little off. Maybe she was on or something. Though surely that would just make her crosser than usual. Well, nerves and irritability often went together. He wouldn't ask, anyway.

And then she was mentioning serious things. Serious things were not words to ever be treated lightly, especially if they came consecutively to each other. And Zach hated serious things that came consecutively to each other. "What kind of serious stuff?" he asked, raising his eyebrows minimally. He didn't really want to guess. Guessing got you nowhere except to conclusions that you'd rather not come to.

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:12 am

Well, at least he seemed to actually be paying attention and not shrugging it off or something. She really wouldn't put it past him. She probably had to start seeing him in a better light. Ugh, did she have to? That sounded like so much effort-okay Ginny stop being childish and get to the point. No point in delaying it. Just say it. You can do it. Just two words. It's not hard.

"I-!" she faltered, grimacing and choking on the words. "I can't drink alcohol anymore." Those weren't quite the right words. This wasn't a guessing game. "And it's all your fault."

This was going painfully badly. Where was that Gryffindor courage when you needed it? "What I'm trying to say is," she paused again, sucking in a large breath and looking him in the eyes. "I'm pregnant."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 am

"Why? What have I done, broken your liver?" Zach replied, smirking, though he was rather curious. And mildly frightened. Well, frightened was a strong word. He felt a sense of foreboding. What would they do together if they couldn't drink?

And then she said it, and all Zach could do was let out one short sharp burst of laughter, until he saw she was pretty damn serious. "Congratu- wait, why are you telling m-"

Oh bollocks.

He stared at her for a moment, before swallowing. Alcohol, the breaker of all awkward silences, couldn't even work its magic at the moment. "I take it 'well, shit' is an inappropriate answer."

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Trust him to joke. Though it was kind of good that he hadn't broken her liver. At least in nine months she could drink again. Dear Godric thinking about it was going to make her sick. Best to not think about it. Just ignore that. As best as you can.

Ginny blinked when he let out a burst of laughter, though she wasn't all that surprised. She had thought the Healer had been joking when he first told her. She rolled her eyes when he almost asked her why she was telling him. Such a brilliant memory he had. She was glad she didn't need to say it out loud.

"It was my response, so I don't think it's that inappropriate," Ginny muttered, taking a drink of her juice. Juice. In the Leaky. With her drinking-buddy. This was weird. "Though I'm expecting another answer as well as that." What that answer was, she had no idea. But she needed something else. "I mean, this is going to make things complicated, after all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:18 am

Okay. Okay. She was blatantly having a laugh. He tried to think about things, but all he could seem to think about was the fact that Ginny wasn't going to be able to drink for a long time, and what the hell were they going to do now, because didn't they only enjoy each other's company when they were drunk? And the only thing he could think of in apology or whatever it was that you did when someone announced they were pregnant was to buy her a drink, and he couldn't. Which sucked.

"Alright," he said in the calmest voice he could. "I... I think I need to sit down."

He sat down heavily and looked at her, trying to get over the initial shock. Only the initial shock seemed to be followed by more shock. Gosh. This wasn't fun. "So. You're pregnant." Those words felt wrong. Maybe he'd misheard her. "Okay. Um. Right. This is rather complicated, isn't it?"

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 am

Ginny waited for him to sit down. It was a lot to take in. She had to be patient with him. Which was surprisingly more easy than she would've expected it to be. She watched him closely as he sat, trying to figure out what was going on in his head. Maybe he needed a drink. A stronger drink. She could've done with a stronger drink if she was bloody well allowed one. Don't get too upset over that. It's only alcohol.

She waited for him to speak, nodding as he said it. It made her stomach churn. "Rather? I'll say," she muttered. "Do you want a drink or something, before we start...talking about what we need to do?"

What they needed to do. What even was that? She had no idea what that conversation was supposed to involve exactly, and it scared her a bit. She liked knowing things. It was their child however. He had a say in it too. Dear Merlin, their child, and it wasn't something she could hide. She'd have to tell her family and-this was a lot more than complicated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 am

"I'd bloody love a drink but I feel this would be an unkindness to you. And our... Merlin, are you actually serious? This isn't all some elaborate joke is it?"

This was sort of hard to process. Weasley, Weasley was pregnant with their child. THEIR child. How was that even possible? Ah. Because of alcohol.

"I should probably not have a drink in case we double the problem and end up with twins," he joked feebly. Wow. Where did they start to discuss this?

"So, Weasley," he began, before correcting himself. "Pott- oh. Potter." Oh. Gosh. She was married. She already had three teenage children.

Oh. God.

"Well, shit."

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

"A drink I can let you get away with. Though from this day forth if I have to go through not drinking you're not getting away with not joining me," she should probably be concerned with how much the whole not drinking thing was upsetting her. "It's your fault I can't drink so you can suffer through it with me. And yes I'm serious, does this really seem like something I'd joke about?"

If this whole situation wasn't happening to her and that joke was something that she heard someone else say to someone who wasn't her, she would probably have laughed. It kind of all came back round to drinking and alcohol, didn't it? She was actually beginning to grow concerned about it. That wasn't good. Give him a disapproving look to take your mind off it instead, Ginny. "If you insist, I suppose I'll have to agree."

She winced as he corrected himself on her surnname. Potter. Because she was married. There was really no response to that, was there? Harry was...still missing. Though she'd stopped coming home expecting to find him there, or waking up in the morning wondering why half the bed was cold. They weren't things she thought of anymore. Ever since that group came back and said that they'd lost him, she'd begin to lose hope. Sure, when they were young and he went off on his quest instead of doing seventh year it was a similar thing, but then he was younger, and he wasn't alone. Ron and Hermione never came back to say he was missing.

"We need to decide what to do," she said, trying to think of something else rather than go off on a mental-rant. She couldn't look at him though, she could already hear her voice cracking. Thinking of how much she'd stopped hoping was making her want to cry. "Because I'll probably be getting some questions when I tell my children."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacharias Smith
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am

"I'm not sure I can accept your terms, Ginevra. I dislike these terms." He really shouldn't be joking, should he? She was pregnant. With his child. There was a baby growing in her stomach as he sat there and joked about drinking. There was his baby growing in her stomach as he sat there joking about drinking. This whole situation seemed ridiculous.

And as his baby was growing in her stomach whilst he sat there joking about drinking, she was married to another man who was missing presumed dead, a man whom fathered three more children with her. And she was pregnant. With a different man to he. Oh God. This was ridiculous.

Zach knew he was blunt and insensitive - it was a personality trait he somewhat prided himself on having - but he could hear the slight falter in her voice, and he couldn't decide whether it was too inappropriate even for him to pretend he couldn't hear it. "Um," he said, trying to compose his thoughts, before nodding. "Yes. Oh God. Your children." Teaching them was going to be unbearable. He could see it now. "Right. Serious head on. Shall I treat you to a tap water here?" Oh God she was pregnant.

Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:44 am

Ginny scowled, feeling her cheeks flame slightly at the use of her full name. That name had not grown on her in all the years that she'd had to have it. She still disliked it. It kind of made her feel like a child. She pointed a finger at him in warning. "This does not make it okay for you to call me that. And I dislike the terms that I'm not allowed to drink, so I think this way it's fair," this was going well, wasn't it? This was how they usually acted round each other, so that was a good sign.

A smile tugged at the corner of her lips at his offer, though her thoughts were still a bit negative. Just a bit. At least Zach being his usual Zach-y self was making it a bit better. Though his offer wasn't really his usual self, it being almost nice and everything. "I can have juice, you know. Slightly nicer than tap water," she joked, despite the fact she was still feeling upset. At least stopping Zach from getting all uncomfortable was something to distract her.

"This is your child. You have as much say in what happens as I do. I don't know if you'd want to come to St Mungo's with me when I go for check ups, and those sorts of things, or if you'd rather just...not have anything to do with it," why did that thought hurt so much? "Or be there when it's born, or-or-!" this was making her all a bit dizzy. "We established that what happened was a mistake, but we're still...friends. So it's not-it wouldn't be weird for you to have a larger role in my life," she didn't even know what she was saying. She really needed to stop talking. "Do you have anything to say about it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun times all round    

Back to top Go down

Fun times all round
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1