Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

It's summer!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 am

Summer vacation have finally started, NEWT results haven't arrived yet and Bea had the time to relax and get really lazy. Normally, she'd spend her summer reading books she hadn't gotten around to read during school year and just lazing around her house. Now she has a friend and there's Lucy, so she wanted to spend time with them as well.

She owled Kiva if she wanted to get ice cream or something and they made plans to meet at Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlour. That's quite a mouthful. Anyway, it was a sunny day, it hasn't rained so far and Bea just arrived to the Ice cream parlour. She sat down at a table outside and waited for Kiva.

The former Hufflepuff hoped her friend was okay, she didn't know whether Kiva's Dad was healthy yet or not. Her own Dad was already home from St. Mungo's, thank Merlin. He was injured quite heavily at the Ministry that day, but the Healers were able to mend his wounds. Bea hoped they were able to do the same with Kiva's Dad.
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Sixth Year Hufflepuff/Prefect
Kiva Rain

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 am

Kiva was thrilled when she recieved the owl asking if she wanted to go get ice cream with Bea. She hadn't really left the house much since getting back from Hogwarts, wanting to spend as much time as she could with her family in the safety of her own home. But she had been missing Bea, and she did want to know if her NEWts had arrived, or if she was enjoying being graduated, and attempting to ignore the fact that this would make her already short list of friends at Hogwarts even shorter.

She arrived at the ice cream parlour, clutching her bag nervously in her hands, glancing around for Beatrice. Kiva found her quickly, heading over to the table with a nervous smile, sitting down opposite Beatrice. She wanted to ask so many questions. But she wasn't sure exactly where to start.

"Hey," she greeted, trying to play it safe. "How's your holiday going so far? Have you got your results back?"
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 am

Bea was sitting there, looking over the menu, even though she already knew what she wanted. It seemed like a good semi passive activity to do while she waited for Kiva to come. Then she heard the familiar voice of her best friend and she put the menu down with a big grin on her face.

"Hi! How are you? Oh, it's been good so far, a bit boring actually. I love reading books, but I've missed you and Lucy so much and I left almost all my books at Grandma's. How bout yours?" she asked. It was true, she's been reading two books over and over again because the rest were at her Grandma's from when she was staying there for a week. It was a torture, really.

Bea wanted to ask about Kiva's Dad, but she didn't know how without sounding insensitive or nosy. She was aware it was her family's matter and she figured Kiva will tell her if and when she wants to. So, instead of asking noisy question, she focused on replying to Kiva.

"No, not yet. And I don't really care what I get. Old me would be freaking out, but I've accepted the fact I've done the best I could." Bea said calmly. She was quite proud of herself for being so calm about her NEWTs. "Also, I have- I have a surprise for you. Ready?" she waited a second, but she couldn't stop herself from grinning.

"I got a job at Hogwarts! I'm going to be a librarian!" She was really excited about that and didn't want to tell Kiva the news in an owl, she wanted to tell her and see her best friend's face.
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 am

Kiva gave a wide smile when Bea said her holiday had been good, if not boring. Boring was better than bad. Her smile softened when Bea said she'd missed her and Lucy, heart warming that she was included in that bit. "I'm good thanks. My summer's been fairly nice, my mum's a bit paranoid after Christmas," she explained, shifting awkwardly. Was it okay to bring that up? "Are you going to get a chance to see Lucy over summer too? I'd be nice if you did."

She giggled as Bea explained that she wasn't freaking out. She didn't know how. Kiva was beginning to get very nervous about her OWL results. "It's good, to be happy with the best you've done. And not freak out about results. It must be a nice feeling to not be freaking out."

When Beatrice mentioned a surprise, she bit her lip to try contain her excitement. Surprises were always good, and the grin on her friend's face suggested this one was amazing. When she actually said what it was, Kiva's eyes widened and her jaw dropped, a smile spreading across her face. Bea was going to be a librarian at Hogwarts. That meant she wasn't leaving. Not properly, anyway. She'd still be there.

"Bea that's so amazing!" she exclaimed, wide smile on her face. "I'm so glad, it'll be so nice having you still at Hogwarts. And the library's always been amazing. You'll get to be in it as much as you want-oh, I'm envious," she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:10 am

Bea nodded and half smiled, half grimaced at Kiva's words. She knew how it felt, her own Dad having been injured as well, but that didn't mean she had any idea of what to say or do. Hogwarts, for all its high educational standards, didn't teach her how to deal in awkward social engagements.

"Is your...has your Dad got any better? And I know how it is, it took me forever to convince my Mum to let me go out of the house by myself." she gave a small, nervous chuckle. "Anyway... I hope so, yes." Bea smiled sweetly. "I like her a lot." she bit her lip, the smile still on her face.

Bea listened to Kiva and frowned a bit, as it seemed like her friend was freaking out about OWLs. She couldn't really blame her, she was a nervous mess herself after her fifth year.
"Kiva, you'll do great. You've studied hard and I'm sure your results will be perfectly fine." she said in what she hoped was a reassuring voice. She really thought Kiva's OWL results will be great, she had faith in he friend.

Seeing Kiva's face when she told her the news felt even better than the news itself and Bea grinned even wider. She was a bit tentative about taking the job at first, but seeing how excited it made her best friend, she knew she made the right decision.

"Yes, it's going to be wonderful. I've always loved the library and I've gotten comfortable being around people at Hogwarts. Well, as comfortable as I'll ever be around people, I guess." she shrugged and chuckled.

"Although... You and Lucy will be gone in two years..." her face fell and she let herself be sad for a moment. She's thought of this before, but she always convinced herself that she'll make friends with the professors or new students or well, anyone, really. And just like in those times, she now shook her head and smiled.

"I'll be allright." she waved it away. "Oh, don't be envious! I'm sure you'll find a great job! Should we order?"
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Kiva gave a timid smile at the question of her dad, tucking hair behind her ear and nodding. "He has. A bit. He's not well enough to go back to work yet, but he's back at home now, which is something. What-what about yours?" she bit down on her lip, though she couldn't help but smile at the fact Bea was having trouble convincing her mum to let her out too, which widened when she said she was hoping to see Lucy. "I'm glad. To think you were so nervous, and you're still going, right?"

Just the confirmation from bea that she'd studied hard calmed her down slightly. Bea had already done them after all, she'd know what was hard and what wasn't. "Thanks, that does make me feel better. Like you said, I've done all I can, no need to worry about it now, right?" just keep repeating that to herself and she was sure she'd begin to believe it.

"You want to be somewhere you're comfortable," Kiva agreed. Even she'd come to feel more comfortable at Hogwarts, though Lily and Bea definitely helped with that. She didn't think she'd be half as comfortable without them. "And you know the people there already, which helps. You won't need to get used to unfamiliar faces."

"You won't stop seeing us when we graduate though. And you never know, Lucy might become a Professor," she said with a grin. "And you'll make friends with the other staff members, now that you're not a student. You'll probably be spending more time with them. Surely there's a couple you get on with already, right? When you were a student."

When she was a student, that was a weird thing to say.

Kiva licked her lips at the mention of her finding a job, feeling her face heating up. "I-ah-I already think I know what I want to be," which was true, she did. After the event at the Ministry, she'd begun to think about it. She wasn't sure she'd be any good at it, but she certainly wanted to try. She never wanted to be so helpless again. "Though we should order, yeah. Better to talk with ice cream than without," she said, standing up with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 am

Bea nodded at Kiva's answer with a mix of a smile and a grimace on her face. She didn't know how to react, because she was happy that Kiva's Dad was getting better, but she was sad he got hurt in the first time.
"Good to hear. I guess. I mean, it's good he's getting better. He'll be fine, you'll see." she smiled in what she hoped was an encouraging way. "He's better, too. He was in St. Mungo's for a while, but now he's home now. They don't know when he's going to be able to go back to work, though..." Bea wanted to be happy about it and not worry, but worrying about stuff was part of her personality, so she wasn't very good at putting worrying in the back of her head.

Luckily, she had Kiva for getting her mind off of things. "Yeah, we're still together. I'm still nervous I'll ruin everything, but much less than I used to be." she admitted.

"Exactly. And anyway, OWLs aren't really that important. I mean, they are, of course, but don't worry too much." Bea smiled at her friend. Somehow she didn't believe Kiva was calm already and she knew her friend will worry about OWLs until she'll get the results. All Bea could do was be there for her and reassure her that it's allright.

She nodded. "That's kind of why I took the job, actually. I feel like at home at Hogwarts and that's what really matters, I guess."

"No, I know we'll still see each other, but you won't be there..." She chuckled at Kiva's next sentence. "I can imagine her as a professor. She'd be one of the cool ones, I think." Bea grinned. It would be amazing if Lucy became a professor at Hogwarts, but what would happen if they broke up? It'd be very awkward if they ran into each other, which is bound to happen. Bea shook her head, she didn't want to think about that right now.

"Yeah, I'm sure I'll be on speaking terms with at least a few of them. My Head of House was always quite nice to me, but I don't know whether it was because he actually wanted to be nice or just because it was a part of his job."

"Really?" Bea grinned excitedly, "Where?" she was very interested in what her best friend wants to do after she graduates.
"That is true." the former Hufflepuff agreed and also stood up to go order.

When they came in the parlour, Bea noticed that not many people were in there and that made her sad. She guessed that after the event at the Ministry, people were afraid to go out to public places. It made sense, but it was sad.
"One caramel with chocolate, please." she ordered at the counter.
Back to top Go down
Kiva Rain
Kiva Rain

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Kiva gave a slightly nervous smile as Bea said that her father was home too. But both unable to go back to work. They'd both been hurt, so many people had been hurt. Too many people had been hurt. And she hadn't been able to-

She cut her thoughts off, playing with the ends of her hair. "They're both home though. And that's what's really important. Work can wait, so long as they're getting better, which they must be if they're back at home," she kind of felt like she was repeating herself, but she also felt like there were some things that needed repeating.

"I can't imagine you can ruin it," Kiva said with a wider smile. "You're too careful for that. Are you enjoying being with her? I imagine it must be nice to have someone to be so close to."

OWLs really weren't that important, in the big picture. NEWTs were more important. But then the last thing she wanted to think about were how much more important NEWTs were to OWLs. "Nothing to worry about," she agreed, pushing it to the back of her mind for now. It would be back later. Perhaps ice cream would help. Ice cream always helped.

"What would Lucy teach?" Kiva mused, trying to picture it. She would be a pretty cool Professor, come to think of it. "It'd be nice to stay at Hogwarts, but I'm not sure I'd particularly want to be a Professor. I wouldn't know what to teach, and then I'd have to remember the names of so many children, and a lot of the older ones would be bigger than me. It'd be...a lot of work. I imagine looking after books will be much better."

"Mr Smith was always nice to his house, I think," Kiva thought back to her first couple of years of her life at Hogwarts, when he gave detentions to two people who picked on her. "Either way, I imagine he'd still be nice to you if you're working together. I can't imagine you'd want to not get on with your workmates."

Kiva followed Bea to the counter, unsure how to feel about the fact that there were fewer people here than last summer. She'd always preferred it when there were less people, but the face that people weren't coming out wasn't that amazing. She let Bea order first, picking out her own ice cream, before ordering after. "Butterscotch and marshmallow, please," she said, waiting patiently before she recieved her treat and paid.

"I want to become a Healer," she explained, feeling slightly more comfortable when she had her ice cream. Though there was still an uncertainty to her voice "It-it'll be a lot of work, but that's never really bothered me before. Having lots of work."
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Abbot
Adult
Adult
Beatrice Abbot

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Bea nodded and smiled. She could see Kiva was still quite upset about her Dad and she didn't blame her, it was natural. "They're gonna be all right in no time." the girl said, trying to make them both feel better.

"I guess you're right," she chuckled. "I love being with her, it's just so... great. Now, don't you worry, you'll find someone too. Now that I'm a librarian, I'll make sure that if I see a cute boy that's single and loves reading, I'll tell you." Bea grinned. She really wanted Kiva to have somebody, too. She deserved it.

"Hmm. good question." Bea replied, now imagining Lucy having to follow certain rules as a professor. It didn't work out so well, so she just focused on what Kiva was saying. She chuckled, nodding. "Yes, can you imagine, having to know everybody's name? It'd be like a nightmare... In the library, I won't have to memorize everybody's name, hopefully."

"That sounds amazing!" Bea exclaimed. "You'd be really good at it. And kind, which I think is important in a Healer, so they don't freak you out about something completely unimportant." she smiled as they were walking back to their table outside. "You can do it, you know." she added with certainty, as she knew Kiva wasn't 100% certain she could become a Healer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's summer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's summer!   It's summer! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's summer!
Page 1 of 1