Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

Fear In Every Corner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily Edwards
Ministry Official
Ministry Official
Emily Edwards

Fear In Every Corner Empty
PostSubject: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

It had been almost half a year since the happenings at the Ministry, but Emily still hadn't entirely recovered from it. Her body had, after a hard and quite a long time in St Mungo's, her body was right back to normal. Her broken bones were mended, her bruises, scratches and cuts were healed and the pain had left. But her head, her head hand't caught up with her body yet. The woman was afraid almost every moment of the day, afraid to go outside, afraid to stay inside, afraid to live.

She had never thought something would have so much impact on her, but it had. And right now, she was contemplating quitting her job and travelling back to her parents, staying with them. It wasn't what she wanted, their lifestyle wasn't how the red head wanted to live, but she didn't want to be alone anymore.

Emily moved the violin she was holding back to her chin, rested it on her shoulder and continued playing, letting the music wash over her. It was the only thing that comforted her, and the only thing that made her feel safe again.
Back to top Go down
Cecily Roux
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper
Cecily Roux

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 am

Cecily had been avoiding it ever since the Ministry. She hadn't been ready, she still wasn't ready, but she wasn't sure she'd ever be ready. She hadn't seen her friend since before Christmas and she'd finally cracked. As hard as it was to admit, she missed Emily. And the guilt was wearing her down. She'd stood by and let Katia hurt her, unable to do it herself. She'd stayed in the safety of her little vantage point and watched.

She'd never been to Emily's house before. She knew where it was, after the event she went to St Mungo's to check on the woman regularly, and had eventualy acquired the information about where Emily lived, in case she ever needed it. She never had. Not till now. And even now she was reluctant to knock on the door and face her.

It took a lot of willpower to raise her fist and knock. The sound of her knuckles against the wood rang in her ears. It made her want to turn around and run away as fast as she could. Cecily wasn't entirely sure what managed to keep her standing there.

Maybe it was just the need to see for herself that Emily was okay.
Back to top Go down
Emily Edwards
Ministry Official
Ministry Official
Emily Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 am

A knock on the door interrupted her playing. Emily carefully set her violin down on the coffeetable, pocketed her wand and wrapped the fingers of her left hand around it tightly. She wasn't expecting someone, and she hadn't really had made any friends that came to visit her spontaneously. Of course, it could always be someone of work, but they usually floo'd, or made an appointment. So Emily was a bit wary when she curled her free hand around the doorknob.

She opened the door and gasped a little when she recognized the person standing in front of the door. She hadn't seen Cecily in ages. Emily hadn't really gone out and look for her either, so she couldn't blame the woman for not finding her.

Emily acted on instinct, and before she realized, she'd thrown herself at the other woman and wrapped her into a hug. And even though she felt slightly emberassaed she didn't pull away. "I'm sorry, you're the first familiar face I've seen in a while and I just," she whispered before trailing off and pulling away, her cheeks slightly red.

"Do you want to come in?" she asked nervously.
Back to top Go down
Cecily Roux
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper
Cecily Roux

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 am

One thing that Cecily had not expected to be greeted with when Emily came to the door was a hug. He stood still as she let the redhead hug her, too stunned to really react to it. She wasn't even sure why she was being hugged. Nor was she particularly used to hugging people, not in this country anyway. She felt a twang of guilty at the whispered words, hand coming up to brush against Emily's arm just as she pulled away.

"I would like that, yes," Cecily said, nodding her head. She wasn't sure she could bring herself to smile though. It was a good thing that she wasn't the most expressive person in the world. Emily led her into an open living room kitchen styled room, and Cecily took a moment to take in her surroundings. "You 'ave a very nice flat," she said, attempting to put off the reason she was there.

But really, she wasn't one to beat around the bush. "I 'ave come to apologise," she started, hesitating for a moment, trying to select her words carefully. She couldn't tell Emily the exact reason why she hadn't been about. She couldn't let the other woman know. "For not coming to see you sooner. I should 'ave done. I-I 'ope you 'ave been okay, after what 'appened," how was she supposed to do this, so much later than she should've done. "I assume you were there."
Back to top Go down
Emily Edwards
Ministry Official
Ministry Official
Emily Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:20 am

Emily led the other woman into her house, closing the door carefully behind them and pocketing her wand again as the visitor was no threat. At least, she didn't see Cecily as a threat. "Thank you, it's not very big, but big enough for me. I only have myself to live with, and I don't need that much room, so I like it here," she said with a smile, leading the woman into the living room and motioning towards the chairs so she could pick one to sit in.

"Do you want a drink? I can make us some tea," she said, already hovering into the kitchen. Even if Cecily didn't want some, the red head could really do with some tea herself. She listened to Cecily as she spoke, turning around again the face the French woman and pay attention fully to the words coming from her mouth. Emily curled her fingers together as she tried to think of what to reply. She would've liked it if Cecily had come to visit her, but it had been distressed times, so it was okay.

"I've been all right, no longer need to go to the Hospital for check ups, they've declared me healthy," she said softly, smiling a bit sadly. "And it's okay, I understand. I rarely leave my own home these days, you must've been scared as well," Emily reasoned, before turning back to the tap to fill her tea can with water which she could heat with a charm. "I hope you are okay too, I asked at the hospital if you were there, but you weren't, at least not anymore. Did you get away unharmed?"
Back to top Go down
Cecily Roux
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper
Cecily Roux

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:01 am

Cecily gave a small smile as Emily talked about her house. It was nice to see the woman again. See her in her house. And safe. "I think 'aving a big 'ouse would be lonely. I appreciate 'aving people in the 'og's 'ead during the evenings, when it's not too busy," at the reminder of the Hog's Head, and how Emily had been the one to tell her about it, and then...

"Some tea would be wonderful, yes," Cecily said, trying to pick herself up. If she was honest, she wanted something a bit stronger than tea, but she could make do. Maybe it would be peppermint. Or salt. Did you get salt tea? Didn't most people put sugar in their tea? Maybe she should just sit down and try to compose herself properly.

"I think a lot of people 'ave been scared," she said, more to herself than anything. "I find a lot of things to do at the pub, so I usually 'ave an excuse for not leaving. It can be...busy," the Dark Lady certainly kept her on her toes. "I am glad you're 'ealthy enough to not need to visit the 'ospital."

Had she gotten away unharmed? She'd hidden away after her job was done. After she was forced to fight Emily. After she was hit in the stomach by that woman's curse. No, she hadn't. That day had left an impression on her mind more than her body though. Yet, could she get away with saying she wasn't there? That was what she was supposed to say.

"I was not 'urt, no. I-I managed to get away very quickly. There were people who fled to 'ogsmeade, so I 'ad my 'ands full. Looking at them was enough. I did not need to be there to-to imagine it," she felt like crying. "You were not 'urt too badly, were you?"

Cecily knew. Cecily had watched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear In Every Corner   Fear In Every Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear In Every Corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Rises :: Other Places :: Houses-
Jump to: