Hogwarts Rises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation. New friendships, new love-stories and of course, new danger. Will you stand by as new danger rises, or will you participate?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEEEEEEAAAAAAA IIIITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! THE SONG HEY SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY WOULD BE REALLY FITTING BUT YOU'D HIT US UPSIDE THE HEAD IF WE PLAYED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE 'OH SO TALL' BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE PUFFLE DEVIL HULK THING AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER <3
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS HAVE COMMENCED! Homes and London Town are now open to Students!

All I want is soup.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

All I want is soup.  Empty
PostSubject: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 am

Ginny was beginning to get worried. She was still feeling a bit off-colour, and was definitely overdue for her visit from Mother Nature now. After some serious consideration she was almost positive that it was too early for her to be starting menopause, and if she didn’t feel any less ill by the end of the week she was going to have to go to St Mungo’s. And she was not a massive fan of St Mungo’s. There were far too many unpleasant memories still surrounding that place still. She hadn’t really dared enter it since the event at the Ministry last year, and from what she heard there was possibly still people there recovering. No, that place was a place to be avoided like the plague unless absolutely necessary.

She didn’t want anything but soup right now. Everything else could bloody well wait. Including St Mungo’s.

“Luna,” Ginny whined from her seat on the couch, sprawled out like she owned the place, which she did, but tiny details didn’t matter. James was off doing goodness knows what, hopefully practising, and so acting like a child was totally acceptable right now, even if that included bossing around her friend rather than being a good host. “Is my soup ready? I’m starving.”
Back to top Go down
Luna Scamander

PostSubject: Re: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Luna smiled as she cut up vegetables and put them in the pot. She’d found some great recipes from the House Elves, all of them happy to help her, though most of them had offered to cook it for her. But Luna had won out in the end, and the house elves hadn’t been that reluctant to help her with the recipe. After all she hadn’t been getting in their way or telling them to stop working.

It was rather amusing to watch Ginny lying there whining. Ginny had always been an extremely independent witch from what Luna had seen of her, and to see her look so…well so upset because of what Luna still believed only to be a cold, it was making Luna giggle while she hummed and continued to cut up the vegetables.

“It’s almost done.”
Luna said. “Soup takes time to cook, Ginny.” She said, her tone very cheerful and happy. Luna hummed as she continued to stir the soup, using magic to cook it quicker. “If you’re feeling that bad, Ginny, why don’t you go get yourself checked out?” She asked. It was odd for Luna to sound this normal, but today was a normal day. She scratched her head and looked over at Ginny. “I mean, it would be better in the long run right?” She asked before spooning out a bowl of soup and handing it to Ginny.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am

Ginny was pleased to hear that her soup was almost done. She didn't really care if she was being impatient, though with three kids she'd thought she was more patient than this. Then again, she was being all depressed and ill, so she had a valid excuse. Or something along those lines at least.

She ran a hand through her hair at the question, silently admitting that Luna was right. In the long run it would be better. And usually she wasn't this dramatic about it all, though she was fairly certain James was rubbing off on her now that he was back to living at home and not at Hogwarts. Still, she was more reluctant to this time. She was kind of worried about what the doctor was going to tell her.

Sitting up, Ginny took the soup with a thank you. "I know, it would be better. I'm kind of just delaying the inevitable, but I just," she sighed again. "I don't want him to tell me I'm getting old. I feel like I'm turning middle aged already and it seems so early. I've got another ten years before that's supposed to happen, haven't I?" she drank some of the soup, relaxing as it warmed her throat. "Do you ever feel like you're getting old too fast?"
Back to top Go down
Luna Scamander

PostSubject: Re: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am

Luna laughed at Ginny’s comments. “We all get old Ginny, it’s a fact of life.” She said as she sat down. She wrinkled her nose and shook her head. “I don’t feel like I’ll ever get old, not in the normal sense anyway. Look at how Dumbledore was, he was older than I’ll ever be, and yet he was almost like a child the way he talked wasn’t he?” Luna said as she pushed her hair out of her way. “Besides, becoming old and growing up means to start worrying, and thinking finding stuff to worry about when I don’t want to.” Luna paused and looked over at Ginny. “Have you ever heard of the muggle story Peter Pan? Sometimes, I feel quite like him.” She said calmly.

Luna gently rubbed her earring calmly, whispering to the invisible creature that resided in it. She knew most people thought she was weird, but she truly didn’t care what people thought of her. She was who she was, and nothing would change that. She rubbed her hair and shrugged. “Do you ever wonder what Hogwarts is like for our kids? I mean…we had a pretty bad school time if you think about it. Wonder what it’s like to have a normal school life.”
Back to top Go down
Ginny Potter
Adult
Adult
Ginny Potter

PostSubject: Re: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Ginny had to agree with that. Dumbledore was almost like a child sometimes, and she doubted either of them would ever get old. Her liver would probably give out first. She was silent as Luna spoke, taking comfort in the words. She was kind of glad to know Luna would never get old in the normal sense, she couldn't really see it happening.

"Yeah, I know that story, vaguely. Hermione or Harry told it to the children at some point," she chuckled slightly at the idea of being like Peter Pan. "Never grow up. Sounds like you."

The strange whispering that she could barely hear was something Ginny just phased out now, barely noticing it. She frowned when she thought of what Hogwarts was like for their children. "I imagine you have a better idea than me. A normal school life though, it's something I would've wanted. At the same time I bet they must sometimes want something more exciting. You always want something you don't have, right?" she huffed slightly as she thought more of her children. "Then again, they practically refuse to tell me anything about what goes on in school, so I have no idea. Most of what I hear from them is from Zach, or you and Neville."

Things had to stop leading back to that bloody Hufflepuff or she was going to go insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I want is soup.    All I want is soup.  Empty

Back to top Go down

All I want is soup.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Rises :: Other Places :: Houses :: The Potter Cottage-
Jump to: